Automated Closed Loop Diabetes Wearable Solution
User friendly system for wide patient demographic
Young, small company laser focused on developing an automated, closed loop wearable insulin management solution needed software architecture, design, implementation and testing expertise.
Achieving reliable communication between a continuous glucose monitor, infusion pump and handheld device were top priorities to ensure device safety and efficacy.
- For over a decade, client company has been laser focused on the holy grail for treating the young and old who suffer from Type 1 Diabetes – an automated, closed loop wearable insulin management solution
- With successful clinical trials, scaling the business was the next challenge which called for a long-term product vision and execution plan
- The company was young, relatively small, and needed architectural guidance for a wearable insulin pump
- Achieving reliable communication between a continuous glucose monitor (CGM), the infusion pump, and handheld device was critical to ensure device safety and efficacy
- The Clinical Research team’s research gave them first mover advantage and pressure to accelerate through development and regulatory approval
- Accelerated timeline to achieve first product release target date
- MedAcuity worked with the client stakeholders to architect, design, implement, and test an embedded system that provided a custom BLE integration that met modern security standards
- Mentored client to improve program velocity required to meet aggressive target release schedule
- The client’s product cleared FDA and was successfully released to market
- An automated, closed loop wearable insulin management solution that is highly effective at keeping patients in range and avoiding adverse health events
- To this day, our client maintains a market leading advantage with a user friendly, closed loop system used by a range of patients from quite young to elderly
- We have maintained a continual working relationship with this client for over 5 years working on projects to integrate additional CGMs from other partner firms, advance the capability of the platform, and enhance cybersecurity